The clue is in the title… A summer sugar scrub that is cost effective and great for those with sensitive skin.
Finding a decent exfoliator is almost impossible when you have an allergy to nuts, especially when you want one that will leave your skin glowing! Who doesn’t love to have dewy, glowing skin, especially in the summer and why should we miss out?!
This is something I threw together and have adapted over time, it is a huge hit with friends and family, so i thought i’d share it with all of you!
You simply need 4 ingredients that you’re bound to already have hiding in the back of your cupboards.
- 6 tablespoons of Sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Honey
- 6 tablespoons of Olive Oil/ Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Lemon (fresh or bottled)
Combine the above ingredients together and you have your scrub… Easy!
DO’S & DONT’S
- Don’t leave the scrub to sit for too long as the toughness of the sugar wont be as effective.
- Stay away from the eye area, the lemon will sting… trust me!
- Washing off with soap after will not create a dewy and oily finish for the olive oil or coconut oil to absorb into the skin and maintain the moisture.
- Can be used all over your face and body.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The lemon acts as an antibacterial so it works wonders if you have troubled skin, as it naturally kills any bacteria. Brightening your skin and filling it with Vitamin C.
- Honey is a great anti-inflammatory and if you suffer with hay fever try using honey that has been made locally to you, this contains local pollen and overtime you will become less sensitive.
- Sugar is a powerful exfoliant because it doesn’t dissolve with the other components used, even when in a hot steamy shower.
- Olive Oil and Coconut Oil are both super hydrating, even if you suffer with extremely dry skin you wont feel the need to add additional products afterwards, just let the oil work its magic.
Let me know in the comments box below what you thought of this scrub, feel free to adapt and add your favorite ingredients